Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Who would win in a fight


Horror movie crossovers are nothing new. Those who liked the classics might remember that Frankenstein's monster fought Dracula, The wolfman fought the mummy, and then all of them fought each other.

For some reason, in a world where Fans obsess over the question "Who would win in a fight" the concept really hasn't caught on. Freddy vs. Jason was a box office flop, the proposed sequel was canned, and no one's tried an official crossover since.

It's a world of unexplored possibilities. Hannibal Lechter vs. Freddy Krueger, Jason vs. Leatherface, Chucky vs. the Gingerdead man. Who could miss such amazing matchups. But the missed opportunity that I regret not being able to watch most is simple: Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash.

The main reason I'd like to see this is simple: I want to see Ash win. He's a slightly cheesy, very goofy, unmistakably badass hero who once replaced his own hand with a chainsaw. There's very little leeway about who would win this fight.

Whatever the case, it seems this movie will never be made. Robert Englund has hung up his Freddy glove, Friday the thirteenth seems dead on its feet, and Sam Raimi refuses to allow Ash to enter the fray without a guarantee he'll win.

It seems I'll have to take solace in this comic book version.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.