Monday, November 15, 2010

A.D.D. Short Film Festival

Tri-C student Steve Barrett is organizing a day long D.I.Y short film festival. The event will take place on Saturday, May 7th 2011 at Now That's Class (Detroit Ave. and West 114th) in Cleveland, Ohio.

The festival will celebrate microcinema, low/budget, no/budget, amateur, underground, and student work. Submissions are currently being taken. There is no entry fee. You may submit as many films as you'd like. Films should be under 30 minutes in length and submitted on DVD via mail to: 761 E. 254th Street, Euclid, Ohio 44132. Submissions should also include contact information, and a brief description of the film. The deadline is Friday, April 1st, 2011. For more information, contact Steve Barrett at westsalemcongress(at)hotmail(dot)com.

I had digital cinematography with Steve. He is a funny dude, as well as the most knowledgeable person I know when it comes to film and its history. I'm excited for this and think it's a great idea, not only for net-working purposes, but because it's a chance to build a community of film makers and artists in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.