Normally, my posts will be about film and TV. However, today I have a different topic to cover. National Novel Writing Month. National Novel writing month, or NaNoWriMo for short, takes place in the month of November, and charges its participants with writing a fifty thousand word novel in one month.
Millions of aspiring writers turn out billions of words over the course of just thirty short days. An invigorating feeling of nerve racking terror rushes through us as the deadline approaches. Yes, that's right. Us. I too am a NaNo writer.
Writing has always been fun for me. I've always liked to build a story from the ground up, crafting the characters and the setting into a world so well written it almost seems like you could live there. If it were up to me, I would live there.
But sadly, this isn't the movie "Inkheart." I can't be read into any of the stories I've written, and no one else can be read out. Fortunately, I'm content just to write them for the moment.
Although it's a bit late to join up now, I encourage anyone reading this to get an account and enter, perhaps next year?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.