Now, like most people, I enjoy a good zombie flick. Hey, I even enjoy a bad zombie flick on occasion.(Vampires vs. Zombies comes to mind.) This film however goes above and beyond just a good zombie flick.
Undead or Alive opens the way many zombie films open, with a zombie eating someone's brains. Amusingly enough, the zombie is played by Brian Posehn, who happens to be one of my favorite comedians.
As the film plays out, the two leads(Played by Chris Kattan and James Denton) wind up traveling together, fleeing a zombie sheriff and his posse.

As I said, I like zombies and zombie films as much as the next guy. Or the next three or four guys combined. So throwing a western-zombie-comedy cross genre film into the mix really appeals to me. What can I say, I like to laugh at zombies.
There is one thing in particular that I like about this movie: The zombies in question are Different. In a world where more an more zombie films use Cookie cutter George Romero zombies, it's refreshing to see fresh new stories with fresh new zombies. Well, zombies can't quite be "fresh" but that's not the point. The point, I suppose, is that this is a brillaint, relatively new film that deserves more attention than it got.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.