Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Right On Harmony

There are interviews with directors that are insightful, analytical, and profound. Then there are interviews with directors that are just, what's the phrase I'm lookin' for?, ah, yea, WTF??!! This can only describe the madness (drug induced I'd suspect) that ensued on The Late Show with David Letterman when his guest was a then very young Harmony Korine.

The interview can be seen HERE

Born in 1973, Korine burst on to the indie film scene in the mid-nineties. His first two full lengths, Gummo, and Kids, won him numerous accolades from notable directors and critics, in particular, Werner Herzog, Gus Van Sant, and Roger Ebert. There's no doubt Gummo, and Kids are cult classics, as is Julien Donkey-boy. His latest film is Trash Humpers (2009). There's also the one before it, Mister Lonely, which in my opinion is a vast departure from his other works and therefore not that great.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, two things. Or maybe three.

    1) I'm quite sure I mentioned that conversational writing does not mean cursing, so you're going to have to find another phrase to describe your extreme displeasure
    2) When you suggest that an interview was terrible, providing a link to that interview is great, but it doesn't take the place of you actually telling your reader why you think the interview was terrible
    3) Something about any of the films you mention would be good

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.