Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Cars from the past come alive.




Most people these days who enjoy cars get excited over the newest of the new in automotive technology and design. The newest subwoofers, and turbocharged engines evoke feelings of joy for many people. However, this is not the case for me. You can have all that GPS technical mumbo jumbo I don't need it. When most people think classic car they have visions of Ford Model T's and cars that are almost 100 years old. Some think of an early 1990's Corvette (blecchh). It is my firm opinion that the cars from the 50's,60's and 70's were the best. I have owned two classic cars in my life so far. When I turned 18 I bought a beautiful 1963 Ford Fairlane. She was Red with white stripes. She also had manual steering, manual brakes, a heater.chrome galore and a AM only radio. To me this car epitomized the U.S in the early 1960's. People back then were care free and lived each day to the fullest. It was such a thrill to drive that car amongst the boring plastic cars, playing oldies out of the radio and experiencing an almost unbeliveable time warp. Sadly, I had to sell the car to go to college. About two years later I had saved up a tidy sum of money from working, and I bought my current classic. A 1975 MGB convertable. This car is a small British sports car that reminds me of something James Bond would drive. I love this car it's small and economical just like a modern car but ten times the fun! I doubt anybody will agree with me on this, unless you own a classic yourself. If you get the chance to own or at least ride in a classic car, you will understand what I mean. http://www.collectorcarsforsale.com/ This is a website that lists classic cars for sale maybe somebody will see one they like.

1 comment:

  1. I've never owned a classic car, nor do I know anything about cars in general. I do however love the look and style of older models. Plus my dad owns a 1946 dodge pick-up truck that belonged to his father. I've yet to learn how to drive it as I don't know how to drive stick.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.