Yes, ladies and gentlemen it is that time of year again break out the Christmas tree and bake those holiday cookies because Christmas time is here!! I personally like the Christmas season and all the seasonal activities that go with it. However, I have also noticed a quite disturbing trend. Christmas is starting to early these days. Christmas music was being played in October! How many times can one person hear the Muppet's singing "The twelve days of Christmas"??? Stores constantly bombard your television,newspaper,computer and yes your mailbox with supposedly great gift deals that can only be obtained if you are up at four in the morining. I understand with the economy the way it is that retailers want people to spend in order to help the dying consumer porducts market. This is ruining the real reason and spirit of the Christmas season. What are your thoughts?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/talking_point/1632016.stm here is an article from BBC news about the holiday season.
I agree that the Christmas themes start far too early each year. Also with the fact that it is possibly ruiniing the "true spirit" of Christmas with market and commercial attention. It has been like this every year that I remember. True spirit of any holiday is dead. The only time Christmas (and most other holidays) is a "pure" holiday is when you are a small child and just worry about Santa coming, giving your parents the gifts you picked out, and seeing all your presents under the tree.
ReplyDeleteI complety agree i went over my mom house today and she was decorating and playing Christmas musci now the decorating okay but the music no it's too early. I seen Santa in the mall before Thanksgiving wtf it's not even snow on the ground yet. I Love Christmas but can we get over Thanksgiving before Christmas. Thanksgiving feel all left out lol and under praised
ReplyDelete