Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Ecstatic yet Depressed

I was fortunate enough to read a fantastic book recently, Going Postal by Terry Pratchett. I also recently found out that it was being made into a movie in Pratchett's native England.
Moreover, I discovered that the star of the movie is one of my favorite actors(Of which there are, admittedly, many, but that's not the point.) Richard Coyle.
Though I was a bit unsure of the casting decision, it turned out for the best. Coyle makes an excellent leading man.
Now that we've covered why I'm excited, there is still the other half of the title to deal with. As I said, this film is being made in England. Though I've searched, I've found no way of seeing this movie outside of the UK.
If you'll excuse the cheap dramatic gesture...
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"
Alright, now that that's out of my system, I'll simply respond with a dignified hope that somewhere, maybe through BBC America, this wonderful looking film will arrive stateside.

1 comment:

  1. You may have to do it psuedo old school - wait till you can rent it - via netflix. Which by all accounts can't be too long. Shite, I remember the days it took a year or more for a movie that was at the theater to come out on VHS. Yeah, that's right. I remember VHS! Hell, I remember when my neighbor had a beta max player!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.